Graduate level teaching at IISc Bangalore
2. Random vibrations and reliability analyses [CE216]
3. Nonlinear analysis in earthquake engineering [CE234]
3. Experimental Structural Dynamics
4. Applied Random Vibrations
5. Finite Elements in Structural Dynamics
6. Structural Vibration Control
7. Random vibrations and wavelet analyses
8. Markov process methods in random vibrations
9. Solid Mechanics
10. Structural stability
11. Structural System Identification
12. Experimental Structural Mechanics
Lectures/Research Seminars/Teaching in Specialized Training Programs
Reliability analysis of randomly
parametered structural dynamical systems,
Engineering structures under
partially specified earthquake loads: method of critical excitations and design
based on inverse reliability,
Reliability analysis of
randomly parametered structural dynamical systems and
applications to seismic fragility analysis of structures, The Johns Hopkins
Reduced order modeling in structural dynamics, Gas
Turbine Research Establishment,
Short course on Random Vibrations involving 5 hours
of lectures, June 2003, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering,
Instruction in Programs for Industry
6. Course instructor, 2001, Structural reliability analysis and reliability based design, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, Delivered a set of 25 lectures, Audience: Scientists from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board and Nuclear Power Corporation.
7. Invited faculty, Advanced Technical Education Programme on Seismic Design & Analysis of Power Plant Equipment and Valves, from 8-10 August, 2001 at Bharath Heavy Electricals Limited, Trichy. Delivered a set of six lectures on Earthquake response of structures, Random vibration approach to earthquake response analysis, and earthquake response of piping structures.
Invited faculty, Continuing Education Program course on
Digital signal processing in mechanical engineering-hardware, algorithms and
applications, Aeronautical Development Establishment, Defence
R & D Organization,
9. Invited faculty, Advanced course on risk analysis and reliability-based design of structures, Organized by Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 2002. Delivered two lectures on Introduction to random processes.
Invited faculty, Continuing Education Program course
on Nonlinear problems in vibration engineering, Regional Research Centre, Defence R & D Organization,
Invited Faculty, Continuing Education Program course
on Modal analysis and testing, Regional Research Centre, Defence
R & D Organization,
Invited faculty, Course on FEM for engineers,
Organized by CSM-Nastran,
13. Invited faculty, Course on Matlab Statistics Toolbox, 2001, Organized by Cranes Softwares, Bangalore, Delivered 3 hours of lecture on the Statistics tool box and Monte Carlo Simulations in engineering.
14. Invited speaker, National Seminar on Design and Construction of earthquake resistant structures, Delivered a talk of tutorial nature on Dynamic analysis of structures for seismic loads including soil-structure interaction problems.
Instruction in the short-term and medium-term courses sponsored by National Programme on Earthquake Engineering Education
Course faculty, One-semester
program on earthquake engineering, taught a graduate level course with 48 hours
of lectures on Applied Mathematical Methods. Indian
16. Invited faculty, 2003, Short-term course on Fundamentals of Earthquake Engineering, Delivered 9 hours lectures on basics of vibration analysis.
17. Course faculty, 2004, Short-term course on Structural damage assessment, vulnerability and retrofit, Delivered a set of 9 hours of lectures covering structural fragility and vulnerability analyses, role of experiments in earthquake engineering, structural damage detection using vibration data and spectrum compatible PSD and time histories.
18. Course faculty, 2004, Short-term course on Structural dynamics in earthquake engineering, Delivered a set of 12 lectures covering basics of structural dynamics and finite element methods for vibration analysis.
19. Course faculty, 2004, Short-term course on Geotechnical aspects of earthquake engineering, Delivered a set of 3 hours of lectures covering computational methods in structural dynamics.
20. Course faculty, 2004, Short-term course on Probabilistic methods in earthquake engineering, Delivered a set of 18 hours of lectures covering random process modeling, structural reliability analysis, seismic fragility analysis and Monte Carlo simulation methods.
Instruction as a part of the National Program on Capacity Building of Engineers in Earthquake Risk Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
21. Instructor, Course on Earthquake effects on structures (22 hours) and vibration isolation (8 hours), March 2005, Indian Institute of Science.
Instruction in programs for college teachers
Course faculty, 2005, Short
term course on Seismic resistant design of masonry and reinforced concrete
buildings, Indian Institute of Science,
Invited faculty, 2001,
Short-term course on Seismic analysis of structures, Organized by
24. Invited faculty, 1999, Course on Random vibration and applications to earthquake engineering, Organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Delivered a set of 12 hours of lectures covering random process theory, level crossing and first passage problems, extremes of random processes and stochastic finite element method.
25. Invited faculty, 2002, Matlab for scientists and engineers, Organized by Bangalore University, Delivered 3 hours of lecture-cum-demonstration on Monte Carlo simulations in structural engineering.
26. Invited speaker, 2001, Workshop on Recent trends in structural dynamics, Organized by Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagaram, Delivered a talk on Modeling of structural dynamic systems.
Invited faculty, Continuing
Education Program course on Random vibration theory, testing and analysis, Regional Research Centre, Defence R &
Invited faculty, Short-term course on Structural design for
dynamics loads, Organized by Centre for Continuing Education, Indian Institute
Invited faculty, Short-term course on Optimization: theory and
applications in engineering, Organized by Centre for Continuing Education,
Indian Institute of Science,
Invited faculty, Short-term course on FEA for practicing
engineers, Centre for Scientific and Industrial Consultancy,
Invited faculty, Short course on Aseismic design of structures:
random vibration approach, Organized at
at the University of
1. Tutor for engineering mathematics for undergraduate students
2. Demonstrator, Machine dynamics laboratory